Allen Taylor is the lead arborist and founder of Conservation Tree Care. He is an Eagle Scout and graduated from the University of Vermont with a BS in Forestry. His passion for ski mountaineering led him to glaciers and jagged peaks of the Pacific Northwest. Allen is a ISA Board Certified Master Arborist (PN-7316B), holds the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ), is a Registered Consulting Arborist (RCA#643) and holds the Tree and Plant Appraisal Qualification (TPAQ) with the American Society of Consulting Arborists. He is also a SPRAT Level 1 rope access technician and a recipient of the ISA's True Professionals of Arboriculture Award in 2022. . When he isn't working, Allen spends his time running, biking, climbing, and skiing; bringing Rainier along whenever possible.
Mike Schock hails from Illinois where he grew up climbing trees and exploring the outdoors. He earned a B.S. in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has been working in the field since specializing in environmental restoration. He is an ISA Certified Arborist (PN-9122A) and holds the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ). Outside of work he likes to take part in the simpler things in life, cooking, gardening, and enjoying the splendor of the outdoors.
Maxfield Shea attended Oberlin College for music and English, served seven years in the Air Force and then became an arborist in the PNW when he finished military service. He is an ISA Certified Arborist (PN-9086A) and holds the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ). He supports Green Seattle Partnership as a Forest Steward and has enjoyed tutoring with Seattle Reading Partners. Maxfield likes gardening for wildlife in the patch behind his apartment, which includes bringing home lots of cool wood for birds to sit on.
Daniel Wiener is joining us from mid-coast Maine. He is a certified arborist and has been working with trees for nearly 9 years. He is taking a break managing his own small business, Corvus Tree Works to support his wife Sarah while she pursues a Masters Degree. When not climbing trees Daniel enjoys skiing, biking and hanging out with his dog, Lester.
Jose Garcia joins us from our merger with Madison Park Tree and has been working in tree care for close to 25 years. Jose originally hails from Sinaloa, Mexico and is the hardest working grandfather you will ever meet. Jose helps out our arborists as a ground worker.
Rainier joined the team in October of 2017. He's a German Shorthaired Pointer mix who likes to play in the snow. Sometimes he helps with clean-up by carrying sticks around and chewing on them. Mostly he sleeps in the cab of the truck or barks at passing dogs. When he isn't working (which is all of the time) he spends his time restlessly awaiting the next trip into the mountains with Allen. After years of hard work Rainier has achieved the certification of Board Certified Master Dog with the International Society of Canids.
CTC Notable Alumni
- Paige Belfry, Arborist: Founded OOH LA LA Arboriculture in Sandpoint ID
- Robby Dohrn, Arborist: Now working as a Tree Trimmer with Seattle Parks and Recreation
- Anne-Marie Freudenthal, Arborist: Now working as an Arboriculturist with the Seattle Department of Transportation
- Travis Porter, Arborist: Founded Exotic Tree Surgeon LLC, Greenville SC
- Miles Anderson, Arborist Crew Lead: Now working as a Tree Trimmer with Seattle Parks and Recreation
The Fine Print
Conservation Tree Care is fully licensed, bonded, and insured.
- We carry a bond of $12,000 with American Contractors Indem CO
- We carry $1,000,000 in Professional Liability with Hiscox
- We carry $2,000,000 in General liability coverage with Northfield Ins Co
- We carry $5,000,000 in Umbrella liability coverage with Evergreen Insurance Managers
- Wa State registered contractor (CONSETC824C8)
- SDOT Registered Tree Service Provider TSP-174
- SDCI Registered Tree Service Provider LIC-TSP-18579